Friday, April 8, 2016

Our First App From Scratch!

This week we experienced one of the hardest challenge perhaps since the beginning of this classes.  For the Business Expo, we will be building apps from original ideas, so, to get ready, we had to build a simple app completely from our own ideas.  The only guidance we had was that it had to be something to help teens manage their money better.

It was an amazing experience to build an app based on my idea. With my own idea, it's flexible because I can do what I want and not be locked to a certain idea. It's easier to come up with idea that can improve my app because the app is depend on me and I can apply my idea freely with out any restrictions. 

What hard is that I have to come up with my own wireframe and coding. There are no hints and minimum help and I have to come up with the app design and coding for the app for it to work. It's such a difficult time to do everything from scratch and have to test the app many times, and also focus so I can find and fix mistakes.

Before I started the app it was somewhat overwhelming because I thought it was going to be hard and I had to start everything from scratch with no hint and minimum help from the teacher. But after I finish the app, I realized that it's not as hard as I though it would be.  Going into the expo, I am confident in my self that I could develop an app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be sent to Mrs. Costello. If approved, it will appear on the website by the morning of the next school day.